Português | English
My Principles for Life and Work
Inspired by the book “Principles” by Ray Dalio, I’ve been reflecting on the principles of life and work that have led my personal and professional life so far. Several months after finishing the book, it was possible to me to write my own principles.
It is a constantly evolving list, showing the behaviors and beliefs that worked for me. I don’t believe it is a list to be copied by other people, but I think it may serve as inpiration for those who have not yet reflected on their own principles.
Being the protagonist of one’s own life
- Take responsibility: don’t blame others.
- Achievements require sacrifices.
- Time is a matter of preference.
- Learn from mistakes.
- Objectives must be achieved through goals (be measurable with a defined timeframe).
- Plan -> Run -> Refine.
- Bless the success of others.
- You cannot have something that you curse.
- Focus on opportunities, not obstacles.
- Act despite fear.
- Courage is not the opposite to fear, but the ability to act despite fear.
- Doing what needs to be done, not necessarily what you would like to do.